The highlights of the Statement include:
- A £1,000 Job Retention Bonus
- A new Kickstart Scheme to encourage placements for trainees
- £2,000 payment for employers who hire new apprentices
- A temporary cut to Stamp Duty Land Tax on residential property
- A temporary cut in the rate of VAT for certain industries
- An 'Eat Out to Help Out' scheme offering 50% discounts when dining out during August
We hope you find it useful and interesting.
If you have any questions about the contents of this bulletin or how any aspects of your tax and financial planning may be affected by recent changes, please get in touch with us to discuss them.
The information regarding taxation is based on our understanding of law, HM Revenue & Customs practice and current legislation, which may be altered and depends on the individual financial circumstances of the investor. The value of investments may fall as well as rise.